Library Online Resources
The Law Library provides public computers with access to the Internet and Microsoft Office Suite for the convenience of library patrons. Wireless Internet access is also available. The following online legal databases are available at no charge:
Available Inside and Outside the Library:
EBSCO Legal Information Reference Center
- A database with full-text access to self-help guides for people inexperienced with legal issues. Written in plain English, these books provide great step-by-step and informational guides for non-attorneys faced with legal issues.
- Includes popular NOLO titles: Fight your Ticket and Win in California, Everybody’s Guide to Small Claims Court in California, The Guardianship Book for California, How to Probate an Estate in California, The California Landlord’s Law Guide: Evictions, The California Landlord’s Law Book: Rights and Responsibilities, California Tenants’ Rights, and Win Your Lawsuit: Sue in California Superior Court Without a Lawyer.
- This database is available outside of the library for residents of Ventura County. Click here to access it.
Available Only Inside the Library:
- California and Federal practice databases available. Includes Bankruptcy and Immigration databases.
- A large selection of secondary materials published by Lexis and Matthew Bender are available on the Law Library’s Lexis Advance system.
- Located on one stand alone computer, the Dissomaster has been provided by the Ventura County Superior Court. This program is used for calculating spousal and child support under California family law and tax codes. The software has been approved by the Judicial Council of California for use in all state courts. A printer is available free of charge.
- California Child Support Services does have an online calculator available. You must contact that agency for further questions.